Skip to main content

Turning 30

I am 30.

30 years old, that is...I can't believe that my twenties is over.  It was a solid 10 years and I can't seem to remember most of what happened! Haha! But I can surely remember the most precious memories and events in my twenties.  I had my first job at 20 and stayed in the company until I'm 25.  I got married at 25.  Had a daughter at 26.  And what else?  See, I can't remember most of it.  But surely being in my 20s made me realize that life is indeed short and we need to make the most of it.

Last June 7, my husband prepared a surprise party for me.  It was a blast and not the usual catered party.  It was a Jollibee party! I have been telling him that I want to have a Jollibee party when I turn 30 because I never had one when I was a kid.  And i was pretty much touched and "kilig" when he prepared that for me.  There were only a few guests, but they're enough to make the party a memorable one.

June 8-9, another surprise - but this he told me in advance since we need to prepare.  He reserved a villa for 4 at Cintai Corito's Garden Resort, which by the way is a really nice but expensive place.  I told him that I want to spend my birthday with my family, and he did it again.  But we were not complete.  My father was too busy with work to file for a leave and spend time with his family on his daughter's 30th birthday - talk about priorities, huh?  So it was only me, Jake, Jenika and my mom.  I was happy but I admit, there was a pinch of disappointment and even hurt because my father chose to be at work rather than be with us.  And honestly, I'm still pissed.  I cannot even bear to look him in the eye and talk to him.  I'm just simply hurt.  But of course, life must go on and time will not stop for me or for him.  And so the day went by and I had to force myself to be happy because 3 of the most important people in my life are with me.

June 10-11, another escape, but this time it's just me and Jake.  It was pure rest and downtime for us.  It is very seldom that we get to have these moments together since we had Jenika so it was really a nice change.

Over-all, I can say that my 30th birthday celebration/s is/are a blast.  And all the credit goes to my husband, Jake for preparing everything and thinking of nothing else but to make me happy.

Despite all the glitches and negativities, I can't help but think of 2 things:  I am blessed.  I am loved.

Happy 30th Birthday to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mommy Entry # 7

My In My Womb 3d/4d Ultrasound Experience Last Saturday, we had our 6th checkup with our OB-Gynecologist. So far, everything's ok. I passed my Glucose Challenge test, but I still need to cut on my sugar intake. We were also able to hear our little one's heartbeat. Next week I will be having my Tetanus Toxoid shot -- scary!! After the checkup, we proceeded to Makati for our scheduled 3d4d ultrasound at In My Womb. I have heard lots of great reviews about this ultrasound center so we have decided to have our ultrasound there. Their center is located at 2f, The Link Bldg, Ayala Makati. The building is beside Landmark. Before proceeding, we had our lunch first at Ineng's Special BBQ -- great food, terrible customer service! After eating, we then proceded to the 2nd level. We were greeted by a courteous nurse and I told her that I was scheduled for an ultrasound with Dra. Ramos. I would actually like to have the procedure done by the owner, Dra. Shiela Illescas, since i ...

Dilemma

n. A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive. Usage Problem. A problem that seems to defy a satisfactory solution. Logic. An argument that presents two alternatives, each of which has the same consequence. IN BRIEF: A difficult choice between things that are equally unpleasant. A dilemma (Greek δί-λημμα "double proposition ") is a problem offering at least two solutions or possibilities, of which none are practically acceptable; one in this position has been traditionally described as "being on the horns of a dilemma", neither horn being comfortable; or "being between a rock and a hard place", since both objects or metaphorical choices being rough. I’m in a state of dilemma. Why is life so complicated? Why can’t we just enjoy life as it is? It’s so hard to choose, knowing that in the end, one has to sacrifice or give something up. What make...

My Wedding Kwento Part 3

When we arrived at 310, it was raining. I couldn’t help but notice that the luminaries were not lit up, the songs they were playing were not my song choices, the tarpaulin was not setup and everything was just…magulo. But it was actually ok with me…I was happy and it didn’t matter. Again, Michelle came with me to the room, and started retouching my makeup. And I was hearing the guests settle themselves. Then it was time to make our grand entrance as a couple. We were introduced by our emcee, Ate Vive. Thank God the DJ got the entrance song right this time!! So the program came and went. The traditions first, the dove, cake and wine. Another glitch—the wine we drank was not wine…it was…SPRITE!! Hahahaha!!! The wine were supposed to use was accidentally dropped and spilled. So no more wine for us! Ahahah!!! I told you, so many glitches, eh?? And then dinner time for the guests and photo shoot. I was so hungry but we didn’t have time to eat because we had to smile and smile and sm...